Ministry Resources for Churches
1. Return of the Mummy Team Game
Material: toilet paper
Place kids into two teams. You can do boys and girls, or mixed. Each team will choose one person from their group to be the Egyptian Mummy. Give the kids rolls of toilet paper for both teams. When you say "go" they are to completely wrap their team member up. Keep giving them toilet paper until one team has completed the task and calls "Mummy"! Give all kids a sticker or piece of candy for participation.
2. Pyramid Obstacle Course
Materials: tricycle, cones (orange ones)
Set up two (orange cones) obstacle courses. Have kids race to see who can finish the cross line without touching the cones. If they hit a cone, they start over (one time offense). They weave in and out the cones. Whichever on the two completes the course first is the winner. Give them a ribbon. You can make these with felt (cut out) and punch a whole adding a ribbon or yarn as a string. You can also make small ones and pin them to their shirt. Cones can be purchases from orientaltrading.com at the price of $12.00 for 9. (800-228-2269) You may want to purchase 2-3 sets depending on how long you want to make your obstacle course. These can be stored using over again for future activities. You can also check with the Dollar Tree and find some.
3. Ancient Egypt Bingo
Materials: Bingo cards
- Prepared bingo cards one per student
- Basket to place words in that you will draw for the game.
1. Teacher: Write these 30 items about Egypt on the printed out bingo cards.
2. Individual Activity: Write these names on their bingo cards. Joseph, Egypt, Pharaoh, River, Mummy, Brothers, Sea, King, Sold, Forgive, Nile River, Butler, Baker, Jail, Prison, God, Dream, Coat of Colors, Slave, Trip, Hot, Floodplain, Desert, Religion, Sun god, Picture Writing.
3. Teacher: Hand out blank bingo cards, one to each student. You can have these prepared if possible.
FOR GAME BOARD GO TO:
4. Egyptian Frisbee Game
Materials: electrical tape, bean bags or Frisbees
Mark off two areas into two large squares using colorful electrical tape. Using smaller tape mark the large squares into small squares about 16-20. Try to make about 20-25 small squares. Line kids up in two rows for teams. Give them a Frisbee or a bean bag. When you are ready say "EGYPT" and they begin. Only one person may throw at a time for each team.
The object is to fill the squares up using the bean bags. The team who can complete this first are the winners. There are guidelines they must follow as they play this game.
- Throw the Frisbee to see what square you land on.
If you throw a one, four, or six, you get an extra turn.
- All squares must be filled before you begin a new game, or land on a square that already has a bean bag in it.
- Two squares are safe squares (you can place your bean bag where you want to if you land on it), and two are danger squares (you must remove one of your bean bags from a square). These special squares are marked with red and green Xs. Use masking tape is you wish.
- The first team to fill all their bean bags on the squares wins the game.
5. Red Deep Sea Fishing Game
Materials: plastic fish, small pool
Place fish in a small pool of water. Kids have to fish with their toes and catch the fish. See how many they can get. Give them something for each fish they catch, or allow them to trade the fish in for something.
© Kidzministry.net 2010. All rights reserved.